View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk
I wouldn't say your thoughts here were particularly helpful to me, but I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Whether or not you realize it, you joined a very large global family when you signed up for this forum. Expect helpful advice, some really lousy advice, and comments that don't really answer your questions, all in the same thread. It's like a dinner table experience. Dad gives good advice, your sister sneers at you, and your little brother can't wait to show you the food-yet-swallowed they've been chewing for the last 90 seconds.

:dance:

Someone recommended bleeding your brake lines above, which is great advice. What I'd add to that would be to have the brake system's master cylinder reservoir pumped out electronically (done at a dealer or Porsche shop) if you have a manual transmission. Flushing brake lines doesn't actually replace all the brake fluid in the reservoir and it's used by the clutch as well.

A pre-purchase inspection after the fact will yield a lot of good information about your car and cost you about $250. I'd do that if I were you plus change out all the fluids just in case they're original.

Enjoy your Porsche and don't hold back. Drive it hard and to the redline when you get the chance. The car really does love to stretch its legs and run hard. Just remain cautious... our cars are the most forgiving version of the Porsche lineup with the engine in the middle where it belongs, but new owners usually find themselves in a predicament sooner than later from the simple thrill of ownership. My car got away from me more than once when I was finding the limits in those first exciting months of ownership. Thank God no curbs or brick walls were anywhere near me back then!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 07-10-2009 at 11:11 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote