View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
Kirk

I bought my 2000 Box S with 35,000 miles and limited history. It looked like most of the proper service was done at a dealership. STILL, just to be safe, at 40K miles I went through just about everything. I've done this with any used car I purchased. It's not too expensive for me as I do the work myself. Here's what I did on my Boxster:

Replaced fuel filter
Flushed brake system
Changed oil
Changed spark plugs
Changed pollen filter
Changed air filter
Changed transmission oil
Changed serpentine belt
Removed front bumper and cleaned radiators
Replaced battery

None of this service was required according to the vehicle history and mileage. HOWEVER, I sleep better at night knowing exactly where my car is at now. I may not be 100% sure on the history, but I do know that starting at 40K miles all of the regular maintenance that could be done to the car is at least up to date. At 60K miles I'll probably do it all again.

The only thing I didn't do was change the coolant as it's "supposed" to be a lifetime fluid and looked good. Brake rotors and pads were still within the spec limits so they were left alone and I bought new wheels with tires, so those were good.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote