View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
joee76

Hardtop Question: Installation

For those who have hardtops or hardtop experience...

I just bought a hardtop off someone locally for a pretty decent price. he helped me install it and it seems to fit pretty good. However, the rear (under the window) just doesn't sit flush with the car (top of soft-top cover) and sits about 1/2 inch off of it.

I asked the guy if this was normal and he said it sat the same way on his old boxster because of the spongy seal/trim that goes all the way around.

Is there a way to get a tighter seal or get the rear all the way down ? I can totally see water getting in once I decide to wash the car. I just don't think it's a tight enough seal.

The noise level is very minimal, however, when I'm driving.

I'm starting to think I don't have the spin locks installed. I did remove the caps and saw that there were two small holes for the rear mounts, but when I use the levers to lock it down, it just seems to turn and not lock and pull the rear all the way down. When I google the spinlocks, it seems like this is what i need.

I've attached a poor pic, but look on the passenger side of the hardtop. You can see how it is lifting about 1/2 inch off the car.

Thoughts ?

Last edited by joee76; 07-08-2009 at 04:27 AM. Reason: pic added
joee76 is offline   Reply With Quote