View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
ukchris

Smile Starting My Search for a Boxster

Well, the time has come and I'm officially looking for a used Boxster now. I'm trying to be patient, look around, find the deal that is right for me but the urge is getting great...!

I'm open to any advice you good people have to offer. My leaning is towards a car with some factory warranty left and, probably, a tiptronic. I know the tip isn't as quick, but I'm also lazy at times too. Added to that I have a 34" inseam and I have to hook my knee to get to the clutch, I can drive a stick ok, concerned about longer trips though.

I'm located in the Boston area, there seem to be a wie assortment of cars around but, as ever, the differences can be perplexing. an 03 for less than an 01, practically no tiptronics, on dealer has a similar CPO car for $8k more than another, very odd.

I'm tempted towards the private market, seems you can sometimes get the extras, hardtop etc and still beat a dealer price. I assume a good PPI would be the way to go then an after market warranty for another 4 years maybe.

I've read lots of faq guides but hey, anything I need to know? Feel free to tell me. Oh, I'm not too bothered about an S, I think, I just don't see myself driving much faster than a base will go, or not often anyway!

Chris.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote