Thread: Rebuild Tranny
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Viper5

Rebuild Tranny

I was wondering how much it would cost to do this. Dealership wants around 3000 bucks. This includes replacing synchros and clutch. I was thinking about doing it myself but I don't want to get involved with something and end up getting over my head. All I have is some experience fixing up parts on the car such as replacing AOS, water pump, just minor stuff. But I want to get into the good stuff and I don't know if I am really capable or have the means. I have a tool kit with some sockets, wrenches and that sort. I would need to be able to put it on a lift to bring the tranny down and I don't have anything like that either (just some jack stands). If I were to buy everything I need to do the job (including a lift of some sort) would I be in the hole over 3000? I really want to do it myself and if I can help it I'd like to save some money, but even if I can't, I'd still want to do it myself as long as I don't have to pay too much. The reason for all this is that my car is approaching 110k and has 2nd gear issues. (2000 Boxster S)
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote