View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoword
I am thinking about purchasing a Boxster ('00 or '01) as a second car for the summer months. I live in the north east and will not be driving it in the winter. I have a two car garage but not room for a 3rd car (wife’s x3 takes the other bay). I am curious to what others do for storage. I do not want to keep one of our other cars outside in the winter (328 & X3).
Park in a corner of the yard w/ a cover? Not sure. What is everyone else doing?
Also, all I read about is engine failures. Is it really that bad and happen as often as I read about it. I am not sure what to expect but I am having real reservations at this point. Maybe turning to a Z4. Please help me pull this into perspective.
Thanks for your feedback

Store your car!!! I just got my Box back from Cali 2400 mile trip. 3 days later backed it into my mountaineer in my turnaround, cause I didn't have room for 3 cars either in my garage. Hence I need a new bumper now. That little brain fart would have more than paid for the storage of my 3rd car.
Remember: A smart man learns from his own mistake, a genius learns from the mistakes of others.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 06-28-2009 at 07:45 PM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote