View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
23109VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
I vote for drive your Boxster. Why get a loan? Hell, any day any one one of us could "Billy Mays it".
how true. "carpe diem". life is short and you never know how much time you have left! that was "sort of" thelogic that led me to buy the boxster in the first place. I was thinking of something more "practical" like an RX8...it had back seats, but it was still fun. but after driving the RX8 back to back against the Boxster, I KNEW I wnated the Boxster more. top down roadster was just too much fun!! so I went with what I wnated, not with what was practical. i also bought the boxster off my dad, - 13,500, no sales tax (interfamily xfer) and we split the cost of new tires/brakes. so I got a car for 13,500 and he paid half the tires/brakes. What a dad huh!

car has M030, 18s, heated seats, ,fullleather. 75k. motor has 60k as it got a new one from theformer owner. my dad had it from 25k to 75k. i think the car now has 77k...

heck, why not just take the 25k, and use the existing boxster to trade in for an even newer preowned boxster. now if I could talk the wifey into that I'd be THE MAN!

or a 911. most of the CPO 911s are out of my price range. they are 50k+ and I am not gona spend that much. besides, I think the boxsters drive better than the 911s..at least the one 996 that I drove...I didn't care for it as much.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote