View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
mptoledo

Please Help: I need a new rear bumper

UPDATE:
Yahoo!!! I just won an artic silver Boxster rear bumper on ebay for $152!! :dance:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150353677024&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I already took the old one off. It was a breeze(4 screws on bottom, 3 in middle top under spoiler(had to remove the spoiler and they used plastic xmas tree screws,which broke off. and hex screw under each wheel well. Took about 15 minutes. Oh I had to remove the bumper black pads(2 allen screws).

Hopefully he will ship it as the ad is confusing. but even if I have to get it its only 650 miles away and that would complete my trip from the west coast to the east coast. this just made my $2000 oops cost less than $400.

OLD POST BELOW

Well Ive already OOPS'd my new/used Boxster. I had to park my mountaineer in the turnaround to make room for my baby in the garage. I am sure you see where this is going.... Full of happiness and joy, I jumped in my Box and proceeded to back out. Well folks, there was no more joy in "mudville as casey just backed out" his Box into his Mountaineer. No damage to the mountaineer(fricking tank)except the liscense bracket. 2400 miles from Cali to bring this puppy home without a stone chip and now this.

Here is the scoop: I put 6" tear in the bumper and pushed it in. Luckily I missed the light assembly and didn't damage the Rear bumber Reinforcement assembly, I just hit the soft spot.

I live between Columbus and Dayton Ohio. It's a 2001 "s" arctic silver. My deductible is $1000 (yeah I know) I thought about a rear bra butt It would look like crap and I would know its still there.

Ive priced oem primered bumpers around $500. original porsche $700 is. Do you think $1000 is too optimistic for an oem painted and put on?

Questions:
1.) How much should I expect to pay for a new bumper put on?
2.) Can I do this my self? Ive looked at the assembly diagrams not too complex
3.) Is it much cheaper to go reputable body shop over a authorized porsche?
4.) How about after market? I am keeping this so I don't mind mods, or aftermarket(as long as its not tacky.

Maybe I could put a big bumper sticker over it Like obama for change

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 06-28-2009 at 04:37 PM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote