View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I am doing that just now with my car- I used to use my 01 boxster as only a weekend fun car because we lived in NYC and I worked there too. After having a baby boy, we moved to NJ, and now also got a chance to change my office location to an office complex in NJ, which is only 5 miles from my home.

I contemplated buying a junker car to do the daily commute, but then thought what for? My car, although in pristine condition, is already 8 years old, and in reality isn't worth that much anymore anyway, so why only enjoy it on the occasional weekend when I figure I can drive it everyday to work?

I have been driving it everyday to work for about a month now, and absolutely love it. I get to drive top down to and from work, park in a secure garage with security cameras, and am smiling from ear to ear everyday as I go to and from work. Can't beat that with a stick, and I'm not worried about the wear and tear or mileage because I bought the car for the pleasure of using it and not for saving it for anything.

Before I was using it everyday, and only using it occasionally on weekends, I used to think the car was a bit of a waste, as we already have an 08 Audi Quattro as a family car, but now, it's pure permagrin. I say use it as your daily driver!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 06-27-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote