View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #14
fredpayne

Garage
Hmmm, Radio worked after a disconnect

Hmmm, I find that extremely interesting, I have disconnected my battery several times and the radio worked fine when I re-connected, I see you are in McKinney, I am in Carrollton, when I get this project finished, hopefully by the weeks end I am taking it to RUF to have a little OBC programming done. So I should be totally finished by next week early, I broke the cam off of the green connector in the back of the cluster, I have a new one with a 6"pigtail of wires hanging out, I just need to match them all up, solder them and use a little heat shrink around each one. When I get all finished maybe we can meet up and have a cold beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
You need the radio code in order to re-activate your radio once the battery has been reconnected. The code is a security code meant to discourage thieves from stealing your stereo, as it won't work without the code. It's a 4 digit number that should be included in your set of manuals on a separate card, or in my case the card was missing, but the previous owner had written it down on the inside cover of the maintenance manual.
fredpayne is offline   Reply With Quote