View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I don't think Jake ever followed up with the results. I really would prefer to have my snork out, as I like the louder intake sound, but my butt dyno feels a loss of power on the freeway with the snork out when compared to when the snork is in place, and I'd rather have speed than noise.

You could actually test this theory on our own (without a dyno) if you wanted: If your snork is out already, do 5 or more consistent runs on the freeway from say, 40-80mph (in 3rd gear, for example), and time your results. Then, do the same thing after putting your snork back in place, and record the timed results. It's a crude test, but perhaps it can finally answer the question. I would do it myself, but after breaking a grille tab on the intake housing when putting my snork back in (and installing a new grille), I don't want to go back there. The other thing I'm not sure about as far as a Dyno is concerned, is whether or not a dyno run properly simulates the real amount of air that will be passing into the intake at speed.

If you end up finding out that the car is faster with the snork out, let me know, and I'll pull that sucker out again immediately!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 06-22-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote