View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #82
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Its been a joy working with Phil.. He has assumed the role of our new test Pilot so hopefully his car will be the bench mark for all others to follow.

When we turn up the volume on any combination it is a matter of finding the new weak link and then addressing it.. Phil's was the strongest 3.2>3.6 to date and let me tell you, that car is a rocket ship!!

At the same time it is very driver friendly, I drove it to/from home about 100 miles before he took delivery of the car and it was very docile and easy to drive until the hammer is dropped. It even passed an Ohio State Emissions test, which is somethbing I didn't expect to occur!

We are going to install the same data acquisition system in Phil's car that I have on both my dynos and the test car, so we can compare notes on the same sheet of paper.. Phil wants us to make him go even faster, so we are taking this opportunity to do that and gather more data.

Mts,
The stage 1/ 3.6 engine based from a 3.2 nets about 250 RWHP, we hope to have that up to 265 with even more torque after this week as I am assembling one of them now. I have another one in line right behind this one.

What I shoot for on the full street engines is big torque and all very usable..

An engine like Phil's can be easily driven daily and would offer more power than anyone could ever imagine from a pump gas 3.2 base. I am building one now for my 996 using the same combo as Phil's..

Last edited by Jake Raby; 06-22-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote