View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
mptoledo

1st cross country trip/ Am I crazy?

Hello all. Newbie here. I am flying out to Cali to pick up my New/used 2001 Boxster S with 50k miles, this week and then driving it back to Ohio. Its about 2300miles and 33hours Question is "Am I nuts" or will I have the ride of my life?

I have taken a Corvette conv and an A6 tt about 1/4 the distance over the years. The audi was like riding on rails, while the corvette seemed a little tedious(not horribly). Seemed like everybody had to challenge me in the Vette. I just cant think of a better car in the world to do this in than a Boxster S. I am stopping in Reno the first day after only 3hours just to make sure the car solid. The next legs of the trip will be bewteen 10 -15 hours.

I have done as much home work as possible on the car, carfax, prior service records, newer tires and all that stuff. I love road trips so the journey isn't what worries me. Its the reliability of the car. Barring any acts of God/Allah/Yahweh/ and the Porsche deity, I shouldn't worry too much about the reliability of the car should I? I have always wanted to take a cross country trip.

If anybody has done a cross country similar, I would appreciate a couple hotel suggestions or any pointers on places to see or routes to take(i plan on I80 east for awhile. Oh, I love BB-Q so I would love to here from any of you gluttonous BBQ lovers. I heard memphis has great BBQ. I do plan to update my Passport 9500ix with all the recent photo sites.

Last edited by mptoledo; 08-20-2009 at 06:01 PM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote