View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Viper5

I was able to fix the leak on the tank without even having to remove it. I could feel on the bottom where the leak was and I used some JD waterweld. It seems to work very well and is designed for water leaks (hence the name). After fixing that leak I noticed that my car was still leaking from under the car but I knew that the one leak had been fixed. The leaks under the car that I'm referring to was what I knew about before I engaged in this project. It wasn't until I was trying to check the reservoir for leaks that I discovered it did in fact have a leak.

So under my car there is some fluid coming out. I removed all 3 panes since I was trying to narrow the problem down. I was beginning to think it was a radiator leak as I starting to remove the last panel until I saw where the leak was. It's coming from this black rubber piece attached to the vehicle. I have no idea what this is, but it looks like it is designed to release fluid since there is a hole on the neck of it. It is located on the left side of the vehicle (it's backwards in the pic). What is this black piece for and can a leak from that point be easily explained?

Thanks.

Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote