View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
GT_YellowJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder803
Are there any pictures available of these clips? I have a 2003 and have a bees nest in my intake side that I need to remove. I tried yesterday and after removing the screw I could not find (with my fingers) any clips to remove but the vent would not come off and I did not want to break it.

I'd like to desnorkle at the same time but can't figure out where the "clips" are located that I need to pry.
I hate to continue the minor thread-jack, but the '03 is different than the older models. The side vent is one piece.

For the '03 model:

1. Remove screw
2. From the lower front corner of the exterior of the vent, press up and toward rear of car while pulling out. This will unseat the one clip built into this part.
3. *Carefully* remove the black plastic part now in front of you. This flimsy molded part costs $70 to replace! Pull toward you on the interference fit retention clips in this order...Bottom, side, and then top. The top has to be slightly turned after removing the others to get it out.
4. Once you have that out, remove the one screw you see immediately in front of you.
5. Remove the flexible plastic screen retained by the screw you just removed.
6. Remove that damn snorkel. Trick is to pry it toward the rear of the car to unseat the snaps and then pull outward. You'll feel like you are pulling hard enough to break something.
7. Reverse everything in steps 5-1 and you're done.

This is all from memory, so anyone with and '03 or '04 please chime in if I missed anything.
19" black 997 Turbo wheels
Litronics
Fully De-Ambered
BumperPlugged
Painted badges
CSE Exhaust Mod
De-Snorked
FVD Headers and cats on the way
Dension GW 500 on the way
Bumperettes on the way
GT_YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote