View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
ChefCarnivore

OK I think I "fixed" it

I wish I could say that I fixed the problem with a chefs' knife or a channel knife but instead it looks like I fixed it with a recollection of the events leading up to the problem. They were that I replaced both the air filters for the cabin and for the engine. I decided it may be the engine filter so I took it out and looked it over thinking that was it possible to but it in upside down. No that was not possible because of the cut away on one side. So I put it back in the holder and closed the door with the two latches. Or I thought I did when I checked again neither latch had actually "clicked" shut so I push the tray in until they did.

That seems to have been the problem. There were no codes and the engine runs fine without any delay and the idle is around 1k. It started initially at 1,300 rpm then settled down.

So The question is if the air filter is not completely sealed and both clips ingaged I got the symptom of low idle and wanting to stall out when pushing the gas petal.

The big question is "What is going on, here? is the vacuum being affected?"

I finally have cleared the garage of moving boxes so I was able to work in the shade at 81F according to my Foxy Boxie.
ChefCarnivore is offline   Reply With Quote