Thread: Need Help Asap
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
1999bxstereric

Need Help Asap

ok so i bought my car about 3 weeks ago. It had 66,899 miles when i bought it and ive since put on about 2,300 miles. car was fine til this past weekend when it became really hard to get into 1st gear and reverse. The problem got proggesivley worse throughout the day and soon enough the car wouldnt go into 1st gear or reversse and was really hard to shift into other gears. (the cars a 1999 boxster with the 2.5 f6 and 5spd) i got the car home and was trying to figure out what was going wrong and i stepped on the clutch pedal and it just clicked down and didnt come ack up. So i towed the car back to the dealer and get a call from them today about the problem..... they say they thought it was the slave cylinder so the put a new one in and it just broke as soon as it was reved up, so then they said they looked over the car to find out y this is happeningand they said that the motor mounts had broken and the transsmission was sitting at an angle, they tell me that this could only happen if the car was abused and are guna make me pay for the repairs. I need to know whats the worst that the problem could be, are they right about the abuse ( i drove the car hard but not abusive) and what kind of costs am i looking at.....thanksss
1999bxstereric is offline   Reply With Quote