View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #30
grantsfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
First off: What we are offering isn't a "rebuilt engine". Its a fully updated engine with race quality parts in it's composition that far exceed those of the factory... Some of the parts are actually Aerospace quality!

What has gotten Porsche into this whole mess with engine failures is being way too concerned with price.. There is a cost thats required when taking the engine to the level that we are and there is no way to avoid it.
I agree Jake. These motors are far more than a rebuild. And for us 986 drivers if we dont upgrade to this type of solution its like having a ticking time bomb behind us. Stock replacements or used M96's may work for years and it may just blow up any time. Especailly for us track drivers. I'd rather invest in top notch Raby powerplant that I can depend on than be worrying if my motor will blow during a hard track session because of poor factory standards due to cost cutting at Porsche.

Plenty of people in 914's buy Jakes motors where cost of motor far exceeds the value of the car. If you are an enthusiast you will appreciate what Jake offers. There are lots of cars out there with his motors who are very happy with the investment.

If Jake were to offer a 2.5 to 2.9 rebuild kit and a do it yourself video that a monkey could learn like he did with T4 I might be tempted to go that route.
grantsfo is offline   Reply With Quote