View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #12
23109VC

I also put this in my car...the $169 987 shifter...(NOT the $350 987 short shifter)

my car has 75k miles. overalll, the shift action was reduced to the point that I coudl clearly tell it was shorter and better - and since the whole assembly was new, it felt tighter and more precise than my 10 year old part with 75k miles and who knows how many thousands of shifts....

it is NOT what I would call a "short" shifter - but it's "shorter" than what I had, and for $169, a great bang for the buck mod. I'll bet the $350 feels a lot shorter, but - but for the money, the regular one is just fine.

relatively easy DIY with the B&M instructions. set aside half a day or more to do it. i was anal and put the little bolts into bags, labeled them, laid them out all overt the garage floor, etc..to make sure everything went back in the exact hole it came out of, etc.....

one suggestion - if you ever think yo umight do a painted center console, buy it when you do the shifter, as yo uhave to pull that out at the same time - you coudl do two mods in one day.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote