View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
Brad Roberts

With the car COLD!

1. Open the rear trunk
2. Pull off the oil and coolant cap
3. With a small screw driver, pry underneath the "false floor" under those two caps and remove it completely.
4. Flip up the small bent steel wire on the coolant expansion tank pressure relief. It is located directly behind the coolant fill hole.
5. Put the OIL cap back on
6. Make note of the coolant level. Full should be just where the white plastic meets the black plastic. You can see where the two come together by looking inside the coolant fill hole. Top it off.
6. Install the coolant cap
7. Start the car and let it run for 5 min. Let it idle.
8. Keep an eye on the coolant reservoir.
9. Now, REV the engine to 3k and HOLD it there for 15sec.
10. Let it idle again
11. Repeat step 9
12. Let it idle again
13. Repeat step 9
14. Let it idle
15. Check the coolant level. DO NOT remove the cap!!
16. Drive the car around the block.
17. After returning, check the coolant level again
18. Let the car cool down (hour or so)
19. Top off coolant (it should be down) and it may be down earlier in this cycle
20. Drive around a few days with the steel wire to the coolant expansion cap in the UP position.
21. Keep checking the level while the wire is in the up position.

Side note: we run with the wire UP everywhere ALL the time. This is how we do it in Cup cars and this is how we do it in the Boxsters/Caymans. It gurantees that the system has no air bubbles in it. When you are confident that the issue has gone away.. flip the wire down and put the false floor back in

Or don't and run around with the wire in the up position. Let me know if you want pics. I can shoot some today while I do an engine pull and install.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote