View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 04:30 AM   #5
jfmillr

actually road force balancing is pretty much a waste of time. I have had the same trouble in my 2k 986 and what will solve the problem for you is to find a shop that will perform front wheel high speed on the car balancing. Coincidently I had mine done for the first time this year, last week. Since again I have a modified tight suspension I feel every little bit of the tires when they get out of balance. Regular balancing only offers balancing up to 55mph by the machines. When someone does the high speed balancing on the front two tires while on the car, they will spin the tires to about 100+ mph and feel the front quarter panels and springs for the front wheels and will adjust the weights until the shimmy(vibration) goes away.

I will tell you not everyone does this. In my area, wash dc, there is only one place that I have been able to find in the 2 state +DC area that will do this. So you wont find an easy way to find a place to perform this type of service for you, but it is VERY and I mean VERY well worth it! I can gaurantee it will correct you shaking unless you have two conditions. First your tires have worn completely unevenly or else two you rims might be slightly bent. Lets just hope its a balacing issue.