View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
CenterIsl

Sun shade / cockpit cover?

Does anyone have any experience - positive, negative, whatever - with sun shades or cockpit covers for Boxsters?

The factory tonneau cover at $850 from Pelican parts looks...well, expensive. And I'm not sure about fitment with the windblocker.

Of course there are the common mylar covered windshield shades, and I suppose you could store it folded behind the passenger's seat.

On a previous convertible (3-series BMW), though, I was very happy with what was essentially a "shorty" version of a car cover that went over the windshield, covered the cockpit (with the top down), and soft anchored in the trunk lid. I see somethig similar for boxsters (and other cars) at $49 on EBAY (item number 250430321401), except that it appears that it goes over the closed top. OK, that could be nice for protecting the top _and_ interior...and I think it might work when the top is down - but with a lot of extra fabric and probably not looking very good.

I'm in Seattle - not Texas - so it isn't as if our sun is brutal. But I have a black interior (and top) and I would like to keep the sun from heating / damaging them. What do you guys think?
CenterIsl is offline   Reply With Quote