View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
LowFlyR

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
You must get new rear toe arms to compensate for the springs. Look at it this way, Tarret arms are @400, but new tires are more than 400$ and dont even mention that if you get in a spin and hit something you will wish you paid the 400 for the new arms so that the car will handle smoothly.
I tried the Dubleozs (CHE) version and the head hit the inside of my after market rims. So I was forced to go with tarret.

Here are your choices:
Che blue version - cheap but my fit, may not
Tarett/TRG/ERP/GMG (uses stock tie rod ends to ensure fittment)
Porsche motorsport cup version (expensive, but the best for track)

Be smart and do it right the first time. The cost of tires alone will make it worth it.
I wish I would be so lucky that I would have $450+shipp. for Taretts out of my back pocket, but living 11 months with unemployment kind of affects that. Anyway I have 18" rims, so would think they are gonna be OK and difference from $450 to $200....

Sorry that I was so ********************y, but I try to make my car payments so I can keep the car additional of living cost. Of course I would go with the best if I had the $$, but now my option is Che's in a month or so or Tarett in 4 months ( and rear tires).

Thanks,
01 Speed Yellow Boxster S
- Tip
- PSE
- C4S Cluster with new style OBC
- 18" with 7mm rear spacers
- Litronics
- Fully de-ambered
- LED taillights
- Aluminium Pedals
- Integrated Garage Door Opener
- 986 emblem