View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Kirk

I concur with Blue-S to an extent. The person doing the alignment obviously sacrificed toe in the rear to get the camber down to something more reasonable. I think this was a poor choice. Negative camber will have an impact on tire wear, but will not negatively impact handling. In fact, more negative camber is very desireable with racing. Too much toe on the other hand could make your handling worse. I do my own alignments with my lowered cars (coil over systems). I pretty much adjust the rear to get the toe perfect and then just let the camber fall where it does (as long as it's balanced, no more than 0.1 degree difference side to side). I don't really care if I have 2.5 to 3.0 degrees of negative camber. I can buy more tires and enjoy the good handling for now.

If you want it perfect for a street setup, then you'll probably need adjustable toe arms (I like Tarett) to get both the camber and toe right.

The front looks fine to me. You can't really get less negative camber than -1 with lowering springs.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote