View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomikaze
This is the closest thread I could find related to my issue. I just replaced my brake pads in fact I replaced EVERYTHING related to brakes (rotors, pads rebuilt calipers and new hardware). I replaced the old wear indicators (which fell apart when I removed them from the pads) with new indicators. Not OEM but Pelican Parts told me they were the same as OEM in fact manufaxtured by the same supplier. The look identical to the old ones. Took the car out after reassembling everything to bed the new pads in. Everything went well except my pad wear indicator light came on? Any suggestions? Trying to sell the car so I can't have any lights on the dash. HELP!
Best bet would be to look at the wires that the sensors connect to, and see if the wiring is damaged in any way, or if the connectors are loose/corroded.

The way the system works is that each sensor is a connection for positive.
When the sensors become exposed as the break pads wear away, the positive electricity gets grounded by the metal brake pads and rotors. That then causes the light to come on the dash because the circuit is complete.

If the wiring that connects to the sensors is damaged, then that also would complete the circuit, and turn on the light.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote