View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
eomak

Thanks.I'am in the process of trying to find out about my rough cold start problem that started acting up the pass few weeks, and maybe fix it myself.2003 2.7 been running great for pas 1 1/2 years with no problems 67,000km's.Going to check the sparkplugs that i put in 8K km'S ago. Maybe gap widened?I put a fresh new tank of gas in hopefuly its just bad gas i had in there.I also think i have a bad secdary cat. that raddles on accelation sometimes like what other peeps have on this form printed, but never really dought with it cause putting fabspeeds byepass in there soon.Could a bad cat. start to give a rough cold morning start?I changed the air filter and notice a lightly oiled covering over some of the throddle body parts caked with sand and dirt with quik swipe with rag cleaned it off.This normal as it should be dry up there for medium milage car?No warning lights and no signs of performace lost and runs normal threw out the day.Its just if the cars been sitting more 12hours+ i get a rough start.To me it sounds like all the fuilds are drianed out at cold start up and its trying to suck up everything oil/gas to get it running smoothly after the first 4-6 secs.Also i had a new clutch and flywheel put in 8,000km's.Could this have a effect on a rough cold start?As in the engine is having a hard time to turn over on cold start cause the clutch or flywheel is sort of sieged up until the fuild squirs in there?

Last edited by eomak; 05-15-2009 at 07:12 AM.
eomak is offline   Reply With Quote