View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
myfirstporsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole9900
Hey, everyone - new to this site and fairly new to Porsche ownership with a lot to learn. I have a 2002 Boxster, 60k, black and tan, that looks and runs perfectly. The problem is a metallic clunking or cracking sound when turning at low speed over small bumps. For example, I have a small lip where my drive meets the street. Every morning I back down the drive,turn the wheel to back into the street and am greeted by this noise as my tires step down that little bump. This noise does not occur if moving straight forward, at any speed. No other noises, no steering problems, solid ride. Mechanic suspected lower ball joints so I replaced lower control arms - no change. I have always suspected strut bearings or mounts, since the noise is related to turning. but hate to invest the time and money to experiment. Any suggestions or experience with this would be appreciated as I am not getting any definite answers from the pay-as-you-go experts.

My parents are in a new subdivision and I can't get into there driveway with the little bump in fear of scraping the bottom of the front bumper....I never liked how they put those in.
myfirstporsche is offline   Reply With Quote