View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
You clearly know far more about motors than I ever will, but do you really need to repeat multiple times that anyone putting in a solid FW is brainless or an idiot?
I never said or implied that!

What I did say was people wouldn't make these decisions if they sat down and actually used their brains before making decisions..(to use a brain you must have one, right??!!)

You assume the risks and you understand them, but you are one of the few that has done this. If it fails you pick up the pieces and go on, thats what I do. If what I learn and share saves one engine in the hands of the normal Porsche driver it is worth it to me.

I see lots of people choose components for these engines for the wrong reasons.. Things like exhaust systems that sound better, but cost efficiency and MPG along with net performance is just one of the dozens of things people do thoughtlessly on a daily basis.

I have strong feelings concerning components and feel that nothing should be added to an engine or vehicle that doesn't increase it's performance in some way, without c reating a compromise.. Performance isn't sound or looks to me, but thats just me.

Sorry if anyone felt I called them brainless.. I never meant to, I just want to stimulate thought so people can put those brains to work that they do have.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote