View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
gdalby

Well, after getting the numbers back from the shop I originally took the car to, I decided to go get a second opinion. The first shop was suggesting either putting a used transmission in the car, or having a gear box from California shipped in that supposedly "solved" this issue. I thought it funny that the shop could make a decision on what needed to be fixed with the car without even taking the transmission out and resorting to a $6500 fix. Thus, I contacted a friend of my father's who owns several Aamco Transmission shops in the area and took it to him.

This morning he informed me he had priced out the parts it would take to repair the second gear and also that Porsche has released an upgrade for this second gear problem, something the last shop had mentioned nothing about. His estimate is about $3500 to rebuild the second gear and all affected parts. Luckily, my warranty will cover up to $2500 for it, so I wont be out that much.

Does anyone know anything about this upgrade for the second gear from Porsche? I find it very odd that the first shop mentioned nothing about it. In any case, I'm happy that the car is finally getting towards a solution and I should be getting my car back by Monday or Tuesday. I think I might have forgotten how to drive a clutch!
gdalby is offline   Reply With Quote