View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
Petermcd

Dealer Certified - worth it? Please advise

Hi - After much searching I have narrowed the choice to 3 good boxters. 2 are from dealers who have "certified" them. (2 years new car warrantee). One said I can take off $2000 from price if I don't take the warrantee. This is a 2004 base model with 44,000 miles so I would think it should not have issues for some time....

1- What would you do? Keep the 2 K in my pocket or ...?

2-Can I assume a car that the dealer is willing to guarantee for 2 years means I can buy with a PPI? Isn't dealer certification just as good?

3- Last question..... I originally was convinced I had to get the "S" model but I found that the only "s" models in my price range are pre-2003 and have the plastic rear window. Now I am realizing that the 03, 04 base models have upgraded to 225 HP and have only marginal difference in performance???? so I now think newer car with glass rear window is as good or better than older, higher mileage "s" model with plastic rear window. Comments??????

4- Of the 3 cars I like only one has PSM. Of course this is the most expensive of the 3. Would you pay $3000 more for a car with this option. This car is also less mileage. 25k vs 44K.... But the 44k car has xenon lts and better stereo

Thanks for advice. Hoping to own a boxter by next weekend!

Last edited by Petermcd; 05-10-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Petermcd is offline   Reply With Quote