View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
rick3000
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Just got back, and I placed first out of all the Porsche's there!

Jk, I was the only Porsche. I had a FANTASTIC time, everyone was great. I was racing in A-Stock, against a corvette, some 400HP subaru's, a saturn sky, and an S2000. Overall there where some corvettes, mustangs, a dune buggy, an Audi, a lot of subaru's, some hondas and a miata.

The only casualty of the day was an old guy in a brand new corvette, that spun about 400 feet into a pole, haha. I started slow with an instructor and managed 55 seconds, my second run was 48 seconds, third 47 seconds, fourth 46 seconds, and my last four where all 45 seconds, I got to 45.28. Although, during the fun runs they left the timer on and I managed 40.8 seconds. The fastest time was a race prepared vette that did 34.

I finished last in A-stock, but was the only newbie in that class, and it was a blast anyway. I can't say I was surprised the Boxster did so well since I knew she had it in her, although I was surprised that I did so well without any modification like some of the other people in other classes. All I did was inflate my tires, pop the spoiler, and get compliments for having such a pretty/clean car.

Thanks for all the tips, I am definitely hooked, and despite taking a few weeks on my tire's life and a few days off the clutch, I'll definitely be returning.

(I'll post pictures when they SCCA posts them.)