View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
wetstuff

When we started looking - we first eliminated colors, both interior and exterior. The ideal: BRITE Silver with natural (not orange paint) hide simply didn't exist - Damn!

We then fixated on a price - but the range started to swing almost $10k - Damn! I passed on a very good base 02 in St Louis for $24k, another good 01 for $22k and drove to VA Bch to look at an 01-S for $33k (well optioned piece of merde)

In December there were about 500 01-02's to choose from at cars.com. P-dealers had a load of lease returns but stoopid pricing - Damn. (I would have felt more comfortable with P-certified - but got over it fast. As the cars they had were not really any better/worse than any other's that came off lease...)

We found an 01-S at a Chevy dealer in CT. The only thing they knew how to do was clean it up. I got things like heated seats and Litronics for nothing because the dealer didn't have a clue what was 'optional' to the first owner. They only knew what some little book told them it was worth.

The business about an 'S' means more to me in the future than today. I've always figured a well optioned car with low mileage will carry a better sell price than a base car runout. I figure I got all the options - and the S - for nothing.

jim
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote