View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
jhandy

ok, Sounds strait forward. The car stays at 195-198 at highway speeds and shoots up when driving slow.

How do I test/check the relays? Do I have to go buy new ones and see if that works or can I bypass them electrically and take them out of the loop?

as for the resistor, pretty much the same question. How do I know that it is bad? I did a quick code check and nothing came up...I just want to avoid going to the dealer (50 miles away) and start buying things that are not needed.

I just cleaned the radiators, I did not remove them. I will remove them and check behind them to see if there is dirt between them and the oil/thing.
I did notice that a fair amount of fins are bent up. I will carefully fix them and see maybe that helps.

Also I checked the fans with a volt meter, Either they are both going bad or they are fine, they are drawing the same amps and with a volt meter I cant tell anything is wrong.

Again, I bet that this is how it always is because the car is acting fine, and the needle is in the same spot as always, however now that I know the car is getting really hot, I may add a third radiator fan.

I am curious if driving around without the bumper off would make a difference,

I worry that if I take it to the dealer and they mess with it, It will be documented that the car was running hot and if the motor ever blows because of the IMS, the warrenty direct people will use that to not pay for anything. That is how it is in medicine at least.

Sounds like I have something to do this weekend!!
Thanks for all the help
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 05-08-2009 at 04:29 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote