View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
jhandy

I read the article and I have a question. Maybe Mr. Raby can chime in (hint hint).

How would this be better? Opening sooner would just make the motor take longer to warm up. Factory thermostat is open at 186 and the motor still goes to 205. The way I look at it, Open is open. sooner or later, the engine will get as hot as the radiators allow it to.

I was thinking..... is there a bigger better fans to install? Better ducting? Clean the radiators ( thanks Lil bastard).

I would think that cooler is better to a point, but how cool is too much?, IE: "dont drive hard until the car is at normal operating temps"

The dealer would not even set up a time to flush the system. They where emphatic that the system does not need it and even suggested that it would do more harm than good. dont ask me why....I dont understand. They said that they only do it if the system needs to be repaired.

Also is there a hack to make the engine bay fan turn on sooner? Or I guess I could hot wire it to be always on.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote