View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
jhandy

workaround for rear speakers

Hello
I just wanted to let those interested in rear speakers know what I did.
I bought the PNP rear speaker addon. I have a 2002 cdr220 with door and dash speakers, and a 4x40 amp.

Because the amp is maxed out on channels the suggested setup was to plug the rears into the head unit.
For those who have done this, you noticed how crappy this sounds. The rear speakers are over powered by the others and the fade needs to be sent back, and this takes away from the front and subs.

So what I did was to splice (using the quick splicers) the rears into the amp output for the dash speakers. This produced a 1000% better sound, the subs in the door still work as before and the dash and rears split the power.

It is quick and much better, the only other option is to buy a 996 factory 6x40 amp (@200$) and get a new cable and splice all of the wires to retrofit.

FYI- yellow wires are front dash right, the reds are front dash left. purple and greens are the door subs and should not be messed with as it is crossed-over for low frequency speakers.

anyway, for what it's worth, there it is.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 05-06-2009 at 08:37 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote