View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #16
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
that car looks AMAZING.

how much faster does it feel than the boxster? you think the boxster coudl get away from it on a twisty road or you think that Carrera coudl keep up??

On a twisty road the Boxster would win, but you have to remember that I have a GT3 front bar, drop links, stress bars front and rear, and some awesome JRZ adjustable shocks with remote reservoirs. The Box is also lighter. Right now it's really tuned for autocross and quick turning.

Throwing the cars through some of the same roads, the 996 feels like it's on the edge of the limit. The Boxster doesn't even break a sweat and has PLENTY of more room before questionable handling would step in. But I attribute most of that to the shocks as it didn't feel like that before I put the shocks on. Stock to stock I think the 996 would win.

In a straight line there is no comparison. I didn't think I would really notice the power difference. However, with an intake and exhaust the 996 is pushing 330 HP while the Box is at 250. That's about a 30% difference. You can definitely tell the difference and it's addictive in the 996. I'm having to hold myself back quite a bit, especially as it's a new car to me and I want to go have some FUN.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote