View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #18
JP308

I'll be real honest here about buying cars. All car purchases to me are about passion and wants, not needs. When I bought my first Ferrari I was ready to buy a 308GT4, but I new I really wanted a 308GTB, so I waited 1 more year and got the car I wanted. (It's a carb car with 4 double webbers and is more than enough). When I bought my first US car (used to live in Canada, now living in the US), I really wanted a boxster, but saved a few K and bought a 3.0 Z4. Loved it, but kept thinking about the boxster. 2 years later I finally was fed up with second guessing myself and traded the Z4 in for a Boxster. And as I said at the begining, I really wanted the S, so I waited until I got exactly what I wanted....well almost, I wanted grey and got a silver with blue interior without BOSE.....but I can live with that. If you are ever going to say....I wish I had bought the S...then don't settle, there are a lot of cars out there. I also did not want a plastic window as I lived with 3 Miata's with plastic windows...so never again. Hence a 2003 silver and blue Boxster S. As an aside...the 17" wheels are also lighter than the 18" and the 19" and I am all about lower weight, not higher HP. Besides it's easier to put the back out on skinny 17's than it is on fatter 18's or 19's. I remember my first sports car was the 93 LE miata with the black exterior and red interior with the 14" BBS lightweight wheels....now that was a great car. Buy what make you feel good inside of it and outside of it and don't settle, there are lot's out there.....and don't forget to get a PPI. Good luck
JP308 is offline   Reply With Quote