View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
23109VC

i have a 2.7. I love my car. I find myself sometimes fantasizing about an "S", but like the other person said - when I'm behind the wheel of my 2.7, I'm as happy as can be.

one thing to consider - options on these cars create VERY big differences in what you get for the money. My base model (when new) cost about the same as a "base" S model b/c my "base" was so loaded with extras.

there are wheel packages, suspension packages, paint upgrades, etc etc etc etc. unlike a lot of Japanese cars where you have very few choices in terms of options - on the Porsche - it seems like everything is an option/ a la carte.

one thing I really like on my car is the full leather interior. you don't need it - but it sure makes the car feel richer/nicer inside. my buddy has a 996 carrera with the standard inteior, and I've been in other boxsters that have the "basic" interior and the door covers, dash, etc all have a plasticy look to them. my car has leather covered on everything - teh door skins, the dash, with offset colored stitching...it really looks nice. when i get into a porsche w/out it, i realize how"cheap" the inside of such a GREAT car can look!!

my car also has the M030 suspension option - which makes the suspension on my "base", along with the 18" wheels - probably stiffer and better handling than the average boxster "S". i test drove other base boxsters before this one and it was VERY apparent that this car was stiffer and handled much better. those two options, ,to me, make my car a lot more fun to drive and a lot more fun to be in.

i didn't get red calipers as my car is a base. so for $50 i painted mine with the G2 ssytem. it looks almsot as good as what you get from the facotry on an S to me.

test drive a lot of them, see what YOU like and what makes YOU happy.

a bigger motor and m ore torque are soething I woudl love to have....if I were to buy another boxster and budget wasn't a facotr, of course i'd get an S.

if you hae to pick/chose and price is an option and y ou cna't have "it all", then decide what is the most important and look for it. be patient. there are a ton of used boxsters out there, the market is in y our favor. be patienta nd in the end you will be happy. i f you rush you will be sorry.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote