View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
clb0099

I had the same problem.. at first i thought it was my aftermarket radio i installed. The reason i thought that was the stock one has a wire which is attached to it so that if the radio is being stolen it sets off the alarm i think or something to with the alarm. After determining that wasn't the cause of the alarm going off . Well then I went on to thinking the battery was not recharging enough and that it was dipping below and then shooting up making the car charging/alarm system inconsistent making it going off cause it did not a constant charge. Well I bought a new battery optima red cap .. The same day the car alarm went off at 3 AM.. My neighbors really loved me I mean really did..lol .. Well after doing all this I asked my friend who works for Porsche and he said for me to have my alternator tested at autozone. So with that I did and well let's just say that I bought a new alternator (bosch) from partswarehouse.com it was 365.00 which included a 108.00 core charge. It has been 2 mths and not once has the alarm gone off .. so that was the problem in mine. So it worth a try to get your alternator tested .. let me know if that helped you out.

Last edited by clb0099; 05-03-2009 at 06:40 PM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote