View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
23109VC

great to hear!!

i am enjoying my 997 shifter - although Ihave to say - I wouldn't mind it a bit shorter, as long as it's not too stiff/ notchy.

i wonder if i would have been better off to buy teh 997 "short" shifter.?? it was twice the price, so I went with the regular 997 shifter.

i wonder - if I wanted to make my 997 shifter even shorter - how do you do it? buy a B&M for the 997 shifter? or is there something better??

honestlyk, what I have is good enough... but if you really want it to feel "short" you need a real "short" shifter. the 997 shifter is much better than the 986 one - but it's not what I would call a "short" shifter. it's shorter and better - but not real short.

i'd put it this way - YOU will notice that it's different. if you let a friend drive the car before with the 986 shifter, and then you changed it, and a week went by, and yo let hte friend drive the car again - and didn' ttell them you changed the shifter- I don't think they would notice the difference. I noticed the diference, immediatley - but I drive the car every day.

having tried some short shifters - i think the "friend" would notice that immediately b/c the difference is SO drastic....

whichever way you go - the 997 assembly is a good bang for the buck change.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote