Thread: Ppi?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Petermcd

I am actually looking more forward to the kill. The hunt is stressfull. I cannot afford to make an expensive mistake. Ok too much of an expensive mistake....

I think I might have found one I like a lot. It is just outside Chicago (Lombard, Ill.) 2001 S-type , Seal gray , Just under 60K miles, priced $17,800, Two owners to date. First owner had car as "corporate fleet" - whatever that means.??? 2nd owner has has car just over 2 years.

It is being sold by a dealer who says to contact them for an "autocheck report". Is that the same as a PPI? Do I look for another dealer to check it out? Or does someone know who in Chicago I could hire to do a PPI? I think I want that report before negotiating final price.

Do I want litronic lights or are conventional lens halogen bulb headlight as good? Or are the litronic lights an easy upgrade?
Do I want that PSM stability management system???? I don't see myself driving that car to the edge and from what I read it doesn't kick in till you are pushing the edge....

I am looking for an S-type Boxter and I am looking to spend up to 15-20K max so I am probably limited to a car built between 2000 and 2003. I like seal gray color the best by far but I think the silver and dark blue are also good. Like the tan or black interiors. Prefer one with a cd player. Most important though is one that is not going to give a lot of problems and that I can drive regularly in the 8 months of good weather we get on Cape Cod.

Again - any help is greatly appreciated. Anyone needing architecture advice- maybe I can reciprocate.
Petermcd is offline   Reply With Quote