View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Bob O

Two weeks ago I did the same thing with my 01. Changed to Castrol Syntec 5 W 40 from Mobil 1 since new. What I noticed almost immediately after the change was how quiet it was on startup. Significantly quieter. I guess I never really paid attention or noticed the little noises it made on starting, but now that it doesn't, it's very apparent now for the LACK of noise. I haven't seen any changes like you mention of it being quicker to accelerate or crisper, but it does seem to run smoother. All of which I suppose could be attributed to the heavier weight oil.

I also got my oil from Advance. 10 qts was 37.10. No free K&N...you had to buy one oil filter for every 5 qts to get that price. Since they didn't have any Boxster filters (well.. they would order one for around $30 so I said no thanks!) I got a filter for wife's car and son's truck and still came out ahead. Total invoice. 10 qts oil, two filters, tax, $53.78!! not bad, considering the oil alone would have been around $70 including tax!

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote