View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
yellowboxster01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
for most people here though, the time/cost isn't worth it and the results you get with the brush on is "good enough". when you figure that no one excpet YOU and your mechanic (if you don't wrench on your own car) will be THAT close to the calipers.

i am picky and a perfectionist.

did you paint yoru rollbar or did your car come that way? looks good!!
That's the thing, I wouldn't take my car into my mechanic with the calipers looking like they do. He's very critical of anything related to the car. Take for instance my short shift kit. I bought the Schnell kit after researching very well and decided the Schnell was just as good as the B&M except was less than half the price. I eventually had to take the shifter into the shop to have him put on a retaining clip I couldn't for the life of me get on. Turned out there was a washer I needed to remove. Anyway he criticized my shifter, and I quote "those aren't very good, we installed a couple and they were a piece of crap". I love hearing things like that right after I buy them.

Honestly, for the time it took to brush these out, I could have sprayed at least two coats and my car was already down for a couple days. I might just go all out and take them off and have them powder coated. Not sure, I'll have to see. I'd kind of like to spray them myself though.

Rollbar was factory painted. We painted one when I worked at a body shop and it was a pita. Just removing it was the worst part. Wouldn't suggest it as a DIY project.

Thanks though, I have got some compliments. I guess I'm just overly critical of my own work.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote