View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
BOX5TR

Send a message via AIM to BOX5TR
thanks guys!

Fredo - LOL!! the plastic window did look REALLY BAD... I just let it go for a looong time while saving up some extra cash for the new top. I think a car parked next to me also caught on fire and something got on the window and made it even worse...

TriGem2k - Yeah I'm really liking the updated bumpers - and I opted not to have the bumperettes put on because I just thought it looked cleaner and more euro. I'm going to have to check on my spoiler - to be honest I never even noticed it!

23109VC - as far as I know, you need to replace the entire top. i don't know of any shop that will replace only the window or do any kind of retrofit. the shops I talked to couldn't even replace just the same plastic window if I wanted to go that route. in the end though, it's worth the money for the entirely new top. i paid about $855.00 for the top from GAHH, and $600.00 for installation at a local upholstery shop in San Francisco.

edevlin - thanks! the front bumper is the updated 2003-2004 OEM Porsche front bumper. to be honest I'm not sure how much I paid. I got hit by another car in the front, and when I went to the shop I told them to swap the old style bumper for the newer. I had to pay for a few extra parts incorporated in supporting the bumper... but if you ever get hit in the front or rear - thats the best time to ask your body shop to swap bumpers. my insurance paid for it and thats when i swapped both my front + rear bumpers. just expect to pay some extra money for some extra parts...

smiledrs - it is much quieter with the a5 acoustic material! to be honest though, I had that cut up plastic window for so long it sounded like i had the top down even when it was up - so I cant even remember what a hard top sounds like. haha. im not sure I would go as far as saying that its the equivalent of hard top sounding... but it is quiter. i'll try and snap more pics soon!

thanks again guys. a lot of people and friends are telling me they love the look. everyone keeps saying it looks much sleeker.
BOX5TR is offline   Reply With Quote