View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #14
Banana S

Thumbs up

Just for reference, I watched the prices of 2000-2003 Boxster S's for three full years before I found my car last October. I paid $19,900 for my car with 39,900 miles on it, in excellent condition, in the color combination I wanted, with a thumbs-up from the local Porsche dealership after a PPI. (Incidentally, I bought it just five days after it went up for sale on the CarMax website... And I had it transferred from the Chicago CarMax location to the Indianapolis location within 12 hours of it appearing on the CarMax website, and before they even had all of the pictures of it uploaded! Mine! It's MINE! You cannot have it!!! )

When I pulled the trigger, that was the lowest price I had seen in three years for an S in this condition, nationwide. I still haven't seen a better price for a similar car since I bought mine (although, admittedly, I haven't been looking as hard lately). So if the one you're looking at passes a PPI and otherwise appears to be in good condition, I'd say it definitely is a good price for the car. Let us know what you decide!
Banana S is offline   Reply With Quote