View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #12
fatmike

A couple of things on the '02:

There are a few very desireable options. Mid-year in '02 Porsche started making the Litronic headlights standard. This is a $1000(ish) option. They are Porsche's version of Xeon headlights and I highly recommend them. My car also came with the stability control system which I also recommend.

The '02 was the last year for the plastic rear window. How does it look? I am just in the process of replacing my top because of end-of-life on the plastic window.

I had my car inspected when it bought it (I paid a bit more than you, but not too much). I bought my car with 11K miles on it two years ago. It was a garage queen (not a scratch).

I would place a high emphasis on buying a car that has a clean inspection. If you search this forum, you'll find a list of common ailments. Have someone who knows what they are doing look at your potential purchase. Make a good decision. I would suggest a well cared for 7 year old car is better than a 4/5 year old one that hasn't been maintained...

Proof of oil changes? Proof of filters and fluid changes? Spark plugs? Other pseudo maintenance like O2 and MAF sensors? Tire condition? Figure on $1500 or so for a new set of performance rubber.

Also, expect to spend some money when you buy the car. You will.

That said, no regrets. An '02 Boxter S -- or any Boxster -- is a great car.

Good Luck.

"phat" Mike

Last edited by fatmike; 04-23-2009 at 06:06 PM.
fatmike is offline   Reply With Quote