View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
Mike_Yi

I too used to only use Suncoast, but had a crappy customer service issue with them, and I no longer buy from them. I only use Sunset. They've got better prices anyway, and their customer service is top notch!

Since you may ask for details....I had ordered a part for my hardtop. I was trying to get it put back together so I could get it on before the snow. The part I ordered was rubber gasket tape. There was some miscommunication when I ordered it. I would swear that the guy told me it came in a 9' roll. That's exactly what I needed. When I got it, it was a 26" roll. I called them to question this as my package was open. I didn't know if I mistakenly got a partially used roll, or if the part only came in 26". I called and left a message. I talked to several, non-parts people there. They all told me that somebody would call me back. At one point I was told that the entire parts department (EVERYBODY) was out to lunch. I was told the parts mgr would call me back. I was in a hurry to get this ordered as they had to special order it and it took about 2 weeks to get. Winter was here, and I wanted to get the top on before it got too cold to wash the car before I put it on. Nobody ever called me back. EVER.

On top of that, one of the other hardtop parts I ordered took a heck of a long time to show up. This was from the same order. I finally called many weeks later to find out when it would be available. The called me back later and told me that they had the part and it was going out right away. It had been sitting on the parts mgrs desk for who knows how long.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote