View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
elsenorfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRawls
What year is your car?

When you installed this DVD player I assume you removed the OEM head unit, correct?

Did you use a harness of some sort to connect into the car's stereo, or just connect the speaker wires from the DVD to the existing speaker wires?

If your car is pre-2003 I got nothing!

However, if your car is 2003 or newer with the MOST (fiber optic) system, my understanding is that the stereo is connected into the alarm system. So, removing the OEM stereo *might* be the reason your locks, etc. are screwed up.

Fair warning: I just want to be helpful. . . I am not an electrical engineer, a stereo installer, or in any way competent to give anybody advice on any topic.

Best of luck! Maybe this will prompt someone who actually knows something to jump in and educate us!

TRawls

MY02 bose system (non-MOST). I did remove the stock head unit of course. I had to cut into the vehicle harness for the speaker connections to the RCA preouts, but used the vehicle harness without trouble for battery/acc/etc.

Could cutting into the harness have done something? (and to combat this early, there's no moisture behind my seat or on the floor)

thank you for the quick reply!
elsenorfon is offline   Reply With Quote