View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
elsenorfon

Unhappy Doors wont lock, windows dont work-help

I tried Renntech without any fixes, maybe somebody here can help.

I just installed a Pioneer P6000 dvd player in my car and after doing so can no longer lock my doors or use my power windows.

When pressing the "lock" button on my dash bezel nothing happens. Also when using my keyfob (new battery) it does not lock the doors.

The power windows buttons on the center console doesn't move my windows, but when I open the door (both passenger and driver side) the windows move down a 1/4 inch to clear the softtop, and go up after closing. So the windows *do* work.

Also when opening or closing the soft top, the windows do NOT go down/up. I am forced to open both doors to get the top up.

The interior lights at the footwell no longer work either.

I put tape over the sensor for the head unit, that didn't help.

I have tried re-disconnecting the battery. No help. I pulled my driver seat and checked the fuze in the alarm module. It's not blown.

I really dont know what else to do. I really need to be able to lock my car (and it would be nice to be able to lower and raise my windows.

Thank you for any help

PS: does anybody have a diagnostic tool who lives in Mass/NH/ME/CT?? I will drive to you, this is a HUGE problem!!
elsenorfon is offline   Reply With Quote