View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
heyjae

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
Does this happen when accelerating at high RPM out of the turn? If so, might consider the Porsche Motorsport oil separator.
Yes. And last weekend, my AOS failed big time. I didn't follow my own advice to run with 1/2 quart or so low and ran with my oil topped off after an oil change. I had replaced the original AOS about 3 or 4 years ago with the "improved" version before I knew about the motorsport version. Anyway, a lot of oil got ingested, it won't start normally (occassionally it runs with what sounds like 1 cylinder firing) and is getting a code for the camshaft position sensor. The good news is that nothing sounds bent internally and I'm hoping the AOS failure caused the cam sensor to break, since the AOS is near the right rear cam sensor. That would only be a $90 fix. Crossing my fingers.

Once I figure that out, I'll be investing in the motorsport AOS and the X51 oil pan. Worst case would be that hydro lock occurred and the cam itself is out of alignment and something is bent. In that case, I might be looking for a 3.4.

Last edited by heyjae; 04-22-2009 at 10:59 AM.
heyjae is offline   Reply With Quote